Determination of needs and consulting that fits your needs
How do you find the right translation for your specific needs? We’ll guide you there.
Translations have different quality levels
The parameters time – cost/effort – quality are competing units in every business. To optimise them is reasonable, but also affordable? We help you to find a suitable solution. Below you will find the most important questions and possible steps.
Determination of needs
- What is the purpose of your translation?
- Who is your target group?
- What demands do you have on the comprehensibility and quality of the text?
- Which specialist field and which industry are relevant for you?
- Do you need translations for different departments?
- What language combinations do you need?
- How high do you estimate your current and future need for translations?
- According to which regulations, guidelines and standards do you work?
- Do you already have references, glossaries or company-specific terminology?
By a prior clarification of these questions and the coordination of a seamless process between you and COMLOGOS as well as the use of Translation memories, Termbases and style guides, high efficiency and great benefits can be achieved.
- Affordable translations
- High translation quality
- Consistent use of terminology – for employees, customers and suppliers
Optimisation approaches through the use of CAT tools, quality coordination and seamless processes.
1. Use of Translation Memories (TMs)
Working with Translation Memory Systems and the use of TMs is standard practice in the translation industry today. It requires professional and careful handling to achieve the following advantages:
- Higher quality due to the achievement of consistency
- Higher quality through the use of specific verification tools and clear processes
- Reduction of effort and costs through repetitions and matches from TMs
Depending on the degree of consistency, repetitions in texts lead to considerable price reductions of up to 80% at a consistent quality. Especially with technical texts, such as operating and assembly instructions, considerable cost savings can be achieved.
2. Use of terminology management
Professional terminology management offers you an internally as well as externally coordinated and consistent terminology. This leads to:
- A reduced workload when creating your texts
- Quality improvement in written and oral communication
- Optimisation of comprehensibility for customers and service providers
3. Use of style guides
Style guides are essential guidelines for the creation and translation of documents. A style guide ensures standardisation according to certain specifications, thus ensuring that your corporate identity (design & language) is maintained across departments. In particular, the Language Style Guide defines stylistic specifications, such as the use of:
- Personal form of address
- Signal words in accordance with ANSI Z535.4 (Danger/Warning/Caution/Notice)
- Upper/lower case in headings (e.g. Title Capitalisation)
- Punctuation (use of protected spaces)
- GUI terms – Graphical User Interface (How should be dealt with texts of the graphical user interface? > translate/do not translate/translate in brackets after the source term)
- Graphics, pictures and non-editable texts (Should these be translated? If yes, by using text fields or by adding and translating them in a separate file?)
The Design Style Guide defines, for example, logos, colours, fonts, claims & slogans, which helps to ensure the recognition of your brand.
4. Seamless processes
Experience has shown that there is considerable potential for optimisation in process flows when it comes to translations and their commercial processing. Seamless processes are a significant factor. Therefore we offer you the following modules for an optimal project process:
- Project coordination and exchange of information on your translation project and the required service
- Customer portal for the entire project management process from your enquiry to the delivery
- Transparent offers and order confirmations
- Easy import/reimport of all common formats from editorial systems
- Direct translation in your authoring system (e.g. WordPress)
- Delivery in the desired file format with appropriate formatting
- Coordination of the style guide
- Creation and maintenance of customer-specific translation memories
- Use of coordinated terminology with MultiTerm Online
5. Service options
|*Machine Translation with e.g. Google Translate||very low – no reliable translation||rough understanding of the meaning of the text||in-house use||very low|
|*Maschinelle Übersetzung mit Light Post-Editing||low – largely correct content||understanding of the meaning of the text||in-house use||low|
|Machine Translation with Full Post-Editing||good – correct content and language||good – correct content and language||internal/external use – Warning: NOT SUITABLE for publication/print/safety-relevant and legal texts||medium, from 7 cents/word|
|Human Translation||good – correct content and language||work translation||internal/external use – Warning: CONDITIONALLY SUITABLE for publication/print||medium, from 9 cents/word|
|Human Translation with a revision according to ISO 17100||very good – correct content and language||quality translation||internal/external use – suitable for publication/print||high, from 13 cents/word|
|Transcreation||very good – appealing in terms of language and content||creative quality translation – advertising effectiveness and brand image are promoted||internal/external use – significant fine tuning of your marketing texts and translations||high, on request from 70 EUR/hour|
|SEO-optimised Translation||very good – appealing in terms of language and content||creative quality translation – websites are effectively presented in the foreign language||Websites for B2B and B2C customers are optimised for the international market||high, on request from 70 EUR/hour|
|Additional services: Revision, proofreading, monolingual review, terminology management, DTP/layout adjustments, consulting|
Contact us! Together we look at your individual situation and develop transparent processes that are appropriate for your needs – in the short, medium and long term, at your premises or as a web conference.
THE CASE OF THE COSMIC CAPPUCCINOWhat colour is the universe? What does this question even mean? The other day I was sipping a cappuccino in a coffee bar downtown when I chanced upon a newspaper article. A team of astronomers from the John Hopkin’s University,...
A KILLER ADDRESS!Riding on the U-Bahn recently, I glimpsed a woman clad in a neon pink bikini, arms outstretched: „Aloha, Hawaii – entdecke Hawaii ( discover Hawaii)“ she declared. I knew at once she was addressing me intimately. A little later, I changed trains and I...